Transforming Employment Narratives: Refugee Claimants and Equity in the Workplace
October 25, 2023 | 2:00-4:30PM (PST)
Morris J Wosk Centre for Dialogue (580 W Hastings St, Vancouver)
Join Kinbrace, SFU Public Square, and RADIUS SFU for Transforming Employment Narratives: Refugee Claimants and Equity in the Workplace. You will:
- Learn about who refugee claimants are.
- Learn why trauma-informed care is important to organizations and their staff, including refugee claimants.
- Hear the first-hand experiences of refugee claimants and employers to gain insight on how they navigated the employment landscape, while also highlighting the challenges encountered along the way.
- What does the refugee claimant experience have to teach us about equity in hiring and employment from a strengths-based approach?
- Network opportunities with other refugee claimants, employers, HR professionals, and settlement workers.
Doors will open at 1:30pm (PST). Please join us for networking and refreshments!
You must purchase a ticket to attend the in-person Public Event in Vancouver, BC. Tickets are $xx.xx.